• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What action could be taken against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SleeplessLoki

The states involved are Pennsylvania and New York.

My boyfriend and I live across state lines; he in PA and I in NY. I've just reached adulthood, and he is above PA's age of consent, but is not an adult. His parents are against the relationship and urged him to end it, vaguely telling him that they would "call the cops" on me if we continued to "see" each other or tried to meet (It has been a L.D.R. so far.)

I'm unsure as to what they would charge me with. At first I figured they would assume we would have had sex after meeting (which we wouldn't, but the court won't be concerned with good intentions) and then charge me with statutory/corruption of a minor, but I do not think they can do this since he is above PA's age of consent, and in several months he will be above NY's age of consent as well.

However, from reading several other posts in this forum, I understand that Restraining Orders are another tool available to parents who wish to end unwanted relationships. What charges or grounds would they need to get a RO against me, and how would it affect us, before/after both of us are above the age of consent in both states? Would a parentally influenced restraining order become null and void after he reaches 18?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">