• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2006 f150 engine gone?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raymond_anthony

I brought my 2006 F150 to the dealer this week (24k miles) because the oil pressure gauge was going from medium and them dropping suddenly to zero...and then back up. I also noticed a ticking in the engine. The said I need a new oil pressure gauge sending unit and they couldnt find the ticking in the engine. They told me to bring it back in a week to install the unit. about 4 days later the ticking came back. Then on the highway got REALLY bad. I pulled into a relatives house and at that point the engine sounded like someone was smashing it with a hammer. I checked the oil and NOTHING on the dipstick. So I turned the oil filler cap and the entire oil filler neck that goes into the engine was compltely LOOSE. This is where all the oil must haveleaked. The weird thing is I didnt notice ANY oil in my driveway and I generally check my oil every few weeks. Needless to say I wont be driving it. I called the dealer to come tow it today. They are saying that it MAY NOT be covered and asked where I had my oil changed. I get it done and walmart and I know the guy that does it and he does a great job. How can they NOT cover this if its under warranty. This is insane.

BL

I brought my 2006 F150 to the dealer this week (24k miles) because the oil pressure gauge was going from medium and them dropping suddenly to zero...and then back up. I also noticed a ticking in the engine. The said I need a new oil pressure gauge sending unit and they couldnt find the ticking in the engine. They told me to bring it back in a week to install the unit. about 4 days later the ticking came back. Then on the highway got REALLY bad. I pulled into a relatives house and at that point the engine sounded like someone was smashing it with a hammer. I checked the oil and NOTHING on the dipstick. So I turned the oil filler cap and the entire oil filler neck that goes into the engine was compltely LOOSE. This is where all the oil must haveleaked. The weird thing is I didnt notice ANY oil in my driveway and I generally check my oil every few weeks. Needless to say I wont be driving it. I called the dealer to come tow it today. They are saying that it MAY NOT be covered and asked where I had my oil changed. I get it done and walmart and I know the guy that does it and he does a great job. How can they NOT cover this if its under warranty. This is insane.
Well did the ticking and oil pressure fluctuation occur before the oil change ?

If not , they may say it wasn't a defect , and you should go after walmart over the issue .

raymond_anthony

No it started AFTER the oil change. but its been 2k miles since it. Plus the vehicle had full oil about 3 weeks ago. (after the oil change),

BL

No it started AFTER the oil change. but its been 2k miles since it. Plus the vehicle had full oil about 3 weeks ago. (after the oil change),
Provide ford with the work order receipt from walmart then .

There should be an issue . Plus they said the warranty might not cover the repairs .

They haven't said no at this point .

The mileage should have been noted when you had the oil change .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">