• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I keep my 16yr old out of a group home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Terry2007

What is the name of your state? CA
My daughter was on probation for trustpassing in a public mall and she ran off with a 40 yr old man to SF from LA. In LA was going to highschool straight A student and was working at a store. She is now in Juvenile Hall until her court date Jan 24 and they are going to send her to a group home. She says she loves this 40yr old and is going to run away from the group home.

Just Blue

Your daughter should not be allowed to remain in your care as you have demonstrated a marked inability to control your child. That you would even post this question is bizarre!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I would advise directing your energies elsewhere, on the off-chance that her going to a group home might not be the problem here.

CourtClerk

Let the probation officer know that she is planning on running away from the group home when she gets there. They will make sure she stays in juvenile hall.

CourtClerk

Honestly, it seems to me that no one has control over this child and she needs to be somewhere where someone isn't afraid to put their foot down...

CdwJava

The 40 year old male should be facing charges unless he has yet to do anything they can charge him with. If he encourages her to run away, or harbors her after she does, he could then be charged.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">