• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if my girlfriend was a minor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JohnSmith33

My state is North Dakota. If I am 18 or older and saying I was together with a girl under 18, what could happen for kissing or more? Nobody knew about this or saw it. What if she were to report me? Where does the burden of proof lay, how can you prove this if there never were any witnesses? Or would just the testimony of a minor be enough to put someone over the age of 18 behind bars?

My state is North Dakota. If I am 18 or older and saying I was together with a girl under 18, what could happen for kissing or more? Nobody knew about this or saw it. What if she were to report me? Where does the burden of proof lay, how can you prove this if there never were any witnesses? Or would just the testimony of a minor be enough to put someone over the age of 18 behind bars?
I understand that you are so full of love that you want to spread it around but please be careful, you could find yourself in trouble and if you are in jail you won't be able to kiss her or hug her or anyone. I mean, I assume since you say girl you are not interested in a boyfriend which could happen if you sleep with the minor. That would be very bad for your love life. You don't want that to happen. So please, don't. All she would have to show is that you were inappropriate with her. Not necessarily having sex. Shhhh that could be considered a dirty word by some people. But even kissing or other behavior could get you in trouble. So don't do anything until she is 18. okay? Have a good day.

Not necessarily. There is DNA possible. If you get carried away there could be hickies, and if you have an interesting ummm body part and she can describe it that is enough to get you in trouble. See, the issue is, that you are headed for trouble. Please just say no.

Just Blue

Im just curious if the only thing anyone has to go off of is a "he said, she said" basis, no case?
John, If you want an answer to your question answer mine. The punishment varies depending on the age of the child you are molesting. We will discuss how you will be caught molesting the child after we determine what statute you are violating.

JohnSmith33

She was just a few months away from being 18, literally. Nothing happened, though. No clothes off, no innappropriate parts.

JohnSmith33

Sorry to double post, but this is more about a friend who was with a girl when he was 18 and she was about 15 if I remember right, when they were in HS, but he was still with her when she got out. Not so much about me going out with someone who was very close to 18.

JohnSmith33

I had just turned 19 at that time, but my girlfriend turned 18 shortly after. But im more worried about my friend who was with the 15 year old too.

Just Blue

Sorry to double post, but this is more about a friend who was with a girl when he was 18 and she was about 15 if I remember right, when they were in HS, but he was still with her when she got out. Not so much about me going out with someone who was very close to 18.
Which is it? Just under 18 or 15??

She was just a few months away from being 18, literally. Nothing happened, though. No clothes off, no innappropriate parts.

JohnSmith33

Sorry I got off topic posting about two different things, one about me one about the friend. She was just a few months from 18 and I was 19. Im not really too concerned about this as it hasnt been a problem with anyone, her parents or mine. Reading this board sparked my curiosity as to what could happen, and what would happen if the ONLY evidence were to be a "he said, she said" accusation?

Just Blue

North Dakota

§ 12. 1-20-03
Gross sexual imposition is committing a sexual act with a victim under age 15.

Corruption of minor is an adult engaging in sexual act with a minor
Up to 10 years in prison

(1) Up to one year in prison if the victim is at least age 15 or (2) if actor is at least age 22 and the victim is a minor at least age 15, up to five years in prison.

JohnSmith33

Hey, thats good information. Thanks for the info. I just have one more question, though. This is just a general question about law, probably. In this case, lets say that if said underage girl got angry or wanted revenge for some reason, and wanted to report the adult when it was consentual at that time, however there is no actual proof or witnesses that such a thing happened, and there was a long time spread between the time it had actually happened, and the ONLY kind of testimony either party had was on a he said she said basis?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">