• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sub prime car loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

n0n077

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania -

Hi my name is Judy :) single mother of 5 :) - on 6/06 i received a car loan, 8/06 my home was condemed by the landlord and 9/06 I lost my job :( - through all this i managed to pay all my bill rent, food, tv, phone + + + and my monthly car payments however my payments were anywhere from 2days to 20days late, late fees are assest after 10 days, one payment was 30.00 short and another payment was 15.00 short. I really did the best I could :eek: even went without christmas. After being off work for 1 year except for short periods i found a job and the past 3 months have paid either on the day it was due or the day before. I also paid anywhere from 5 to 15 dollars extra for past fees. My question is these past 3 months i paid early or on time they are still charging me late fee's (a little less then41.00) and they sent me a letter saying i am behind in payments. Are they allowed to take a payment that i made for my car payment and apply that to late fees first or do they have to apply it to the payment that it was ment for and keep a balance for late fee's (like my ex husbands car company did) any insight before i speak with them would be helpful. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">