• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial Advisor dropped the ball

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artms

What is the name of your state? Ca
I met with a financial adviser for a first visit meet and greet and consultation. We generally discussed a few things but nothing specific. He needed more information and we would set up a time. He dropped the ball and I didn't hear from him for 11 months. Out of the blue he found my file and is now billing me for the meeting and sent me a contract to sign as well. And I would be paying him for what? Do I have to pay him even though he totally forgot about me for 11 months and will not be doing any advising for me? What would be the best way to proceed...what are my rights?What is the name of your state?

BoredAtty

What is the name of your state? Ca
I met with a financial adviser for a first visit meet and greet and consultation. We generally discussed a few things but nothing specific. He needed more information and we would set up a time. He dropped the ball and I didn't hear from him for 11 months. Out of the blue he found my file and is now billing me for the meeting and sent me a contract to sign as well. And I would be paying him for what? Do I have to pay him even though he totally forgot about me for 11 months and will not be doing any advising for me? What would be the best way to proceed...what are my rights?What is the name of your state?
This is an easy one...

If you were supposed to pay him for the "meet and greet," then you must pay him.

If you weren't supposed to pay him for the "meet and greet," then you do not have to pay him.

xylene

This is an easy one...

If you were supposed to pay him for the "meet and greet," then you must pay him.

If you weren't supposed to pay him for the "meet and greet," then you do not have to pay him.
And if the expectation is only contained in the document he is sending you... well what ever you do don't sign anything now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">