• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missrepresentation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssgmorley

Utah; I don't know if anyone can help me but this is my question. I owned a used 2003 dodge. It had some serious electrical problems and wouldn't work. I needed a truck so I thought I would see what I could get on a trade in. I went to a dealership and they offered me a new 2007 GMC for $500 month with the trade in of my truck. I told them about the eletrical issues with the truck, they drove it and told me it wasn't worth what I wanted. They did however say for the sake of the deal they would go through with it. I signed the papers and I drove away with the new truck. 4 days latter they call me back and said I lied to them about the title of the car and the millage. They claim my trucks title wasn't clear and was flaged for being previously wrecked by carfax.com. My credit union tells me that the title was clear or they would never had made the loan with me. They insisted that I pay them $4000 more to settle the issue or they would sue me for missrepresentation. My question is that I told them the the electrical dash was broken and they drove the truck themselves and can't miss the problem. I told them what I thought the millage really was since the dash broke. Knowing alll this they told me that it wasn't worth it but they still signned the deal. So how can they sue me for missrepresentation? I didn't force them into the contract and they won't give me the supposed information from carfax.com. I told them that if they felt like I lied I would give the truck back and take mine back. They told me that they wouldn't do that because the GMC was now a used truck. What do I do?

ssgmorley

BL

Utah; I don't know if anyone can help me but this is my question. I owned a used 2003 dodge. It had some serious electrical problems and wouldn't work. I needed a truck so I thought I would see what I could get on a trade in. I went to a dealership and they offered me a new 2007 GMC for $500 month with the trade in of my truck. I told them about the eletrical issues with the truck, they drove it and told me it wasn't worth what I wanted. They did however say for the sake of the deal they would go through with it. I signed the papers and I drove away with the new truck. 4 days latter they call me back and said I lied to them about the title of the car and the millage. They claim my trucks title wasn't clear and was flaged for being previously wrecked by carfax.com. My credit union tells me that the title was clear or they would never had made the loan with me. They insisted that I pay them $4000 more to settle the issue or they would sue me for missrepresentation. My question is that I told them the the electrical dash was broken and they drove the truck themselves and can't miss the problem. I told them what I thought the millage really was since the dash broke. Knowing alll this they told me that it wasn't worth it but they still signned the deal. So how can they sue me for missrepresentation? I didn't force them into the contract and they won't give me the supposed information from carfax.com. I told them that if they felt like I lied I would give the truck back and take mine back. They told me that they wouldn't do that because the GMC was now a used truck. What do I do?

ssgmorley
Why not get the proof the credit union has , and run a carfax yourself .

If the credit union has anything to back their assertions up , all the better , if not get a sign letter on their letterhead stating what they told you .

In any event , they made the deal , they have to live with it .

Just get something to back up what you have said .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">