• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful repossession??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

niccid81

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. I have a issue with Wachovia bank. I was past due 2 months on my auto loan as of 12/11/07. I made one months payment on 12/20/07. I was going back to the bank on 12/21/07 to make the remainder of the payment so that I was up to date on payments. The morning on 12/21/07 the repo man came and took my 2000 Chevy Silverado. I was only 3 weeks past due at that point. I contacted the bank and my loan is part of their "old system" supposedly and they were stating that I am 2 months past due. According to all of my documentation and also paperwork from the bank, I only owed December's payment. I keep getting the run around after speaking to a few supervisors and they are trying to make me pay $450.00 in repo fees and well as my current payment. By law, is it legal for a company to repossess a vehicle for being not even 1 month late? On top of that, they are stating that they contacted me numerous times at my contact number which is untrue. What can I do in this situation? I only have until the end of this week to make payment to reinstate my account and get my vehicle back.

CourtClerk

It is quite possible that Wachovia put in the repo order before you made the payment, and when you were still 2 months late on the payments. The repo company sometimes needs a few days to get to trying to snatch up your car.

Pay the fees, get your car back, but the repo will be on your credit report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">