• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC veil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? SC

How does the veil of legal protection work for an LLC owner in comparison to a corporation? Is there any difference?

I am asking for this reason. I have a lawsuit against an LLC and its two owners. This is a breach of contract and fraud suit. I have overwhelming evidence as to the breach of contract and sufficient evidence to prove the fraudulent intent. They also alleged I breached the contract, but it was simply an intimidation tactic that already has, or will fail.

Their attorney is now wanting to mediate and we agreed upon one, his choice, I might add. County requirement. He apparently told the mediator it was about the contract dispute only. Because when I wrote the mediator asking what I thought were a few simple things I wanted to be straight about prior to the mediation, such as why some parties were listed on his documents and some weren't, he (their attorney) got very upset and called accusing me of trying to derail the mediation. He said the mediation was concerning the contract dispute only, nothing else. He said he was going to get the actions dismissed against his clients. I am personally surprised he hasn't taken that direction before, but now that i suspect it is coming I probably need to get better prepared.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">