• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partners In Property - Being Sued For Electric Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FamilyFued

Colorado

I am in partners on a piece of property that has 2 homes and one electric meter. The meter was supposed to belong to my home and he was supposed to get his own. He and I had a bad falling out and he decided to get the electric put into only his name and have me blocked from the account. I was unable to speak to him because there is a restraining order and no contact.

The electric company will not give me information on the account because I am not on it. There is so much more to this story but to make a long story shorter he is suing me for the electric bill and I am counter suing him for money he owes me.

Can he sue me for this bill if there was no agreement to pay and it's clear the reason he had it changed was to harass me also what about the fact that he was supposed to get his own meter?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">