• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car loan not payed off. Dealer stalling???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daddy MO

Car loan not paid off. Dealer stalling???

What is the name of your state? California...

Hi folks, I totally forgot about this forum so here goes.

I traded in my car and the dealer gave me $12,500 for it. I still owed $14,000 at the time. Dealer tells me not to make anymore payments. 30 days pass by and I start receiving letter from the bank about being past due. I find out they have not paid the loan yet.

I have been given the run around by this dealership for a month now. I made the purchase and trade in 2.5 months ago and have made three payments on my old car loan. Titles were signed, DMV paper work was done and still, they have not lived up to there end of the bargain.

Till today, I am still getting the run around i.e. "oh so and so is not in at the moment, we sent the payment over night, blah, blah, blah".

I have an appointment w/ an attourney tomorrow. Im just so lost on what to do. Do I have rights to bring the new car back and request my old car back? Can I bring in an police officer? Should I just hire an attourney?

Thanks,
MO

Last edited:

ealzar

Wow, nobody??? The appointment w/ the attourney got pushed back to 1/10 so im kinda SOL till then.
hey did you finally talked to your attorneys? What did they say? And how much did they charge you? Please let us know, thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">