• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant Foster Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xSparklyBabyx

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Ok I hope I post this in the right place but Im sorry if I didnt.

Im 15 years old and just found out today by home pregnancy test that Im pregnant.

First of all it was the first time I had sex and I didnt even really OK the sex in the first place. I told the boy no but he didnt listen and kept kissing me and other things and I just didnt fight any more after he was doing what he was doing to me. I was told this is still rape but Im not so sure. I dont like the guy really at all he was just a "friend" who wanted to make my birthday special. He is also 16 which makes him legal and me illeagal according to Michigan law.

My biggest question and thing that is keeping me from telling my foster parents that Im pregnant is me being worried about what will happen to them when my case worker knows all of this that is going on. Its not their fault that it happened its mine and I dont want them to get in trouble.

I also want to know what will happen if they decide they do not want a pregnant teenager and send me back to the group home? What can the state do with my baby since Im already a ward of the state? I don't really know what I want to do yet but I don't want them to just take my baby either.

Please help me because Im really scared and dont know what to do!!

Just Blue

Honey, If you said no and he wouldn't stop, that is rape. You need to report this to the police and you need to talk to your foster parents about what is going on....

I am so very sorry this has happened to you...:(

TinkerBelleLuvr

You reallllly need to talk with your foster parents. As adults, they are in the best position to help you. If you handle this in a 'grown up' way with them, it will help you tremendously. The adults in your life will NOT be happy. Not because they don't LIKE you. It's that they don't want to see children go down a very hard road that you will face if you decide to keep the baby.

Now, if you are afraid to approach them, is there any other trusted adult you can talk to? A friendly teacher? A school nurse? The school advisor? You won't be the first pregnant student that has come to them. They could help you practice telling your parents.

As for the boy, if you said NO, and it continued, that is rape. Was there alcohol involved? Anything else?

xSparklyBabyx

Well I love my foster family Im with now they are the best people in the world to me and we are all treated equal to their bio kids which makes it a lot nicer compared to some of the families ive been with.

There was no drinking or anything like that involved ive never had a drop of alcohol in my life. Im a pretty good kid i just get in trouble at school more than anything else and that has made families push me away. As for the guy idk if he was drinking or on drugs but i know he has a pretty messed up life and for some reason i tend to attract those types of guys.

I want to tell my family i just want to make sure they will not get in trouble first and that the state cant take my baby away from me because i vowed that no matter how old i was or the situation i was in my child would never live the life ive lived and will not bounce around from home to home just waiting to find out if they are good enough or worthy enough to be kept.

TinkerBelleLuvr

My biggest question and thing that is keeping me from telling my foster parents that Im pregnant is me being worried about what will happen to them when my case worker knows all of this that is going on. Its not their fault that it happened its mine and I dont want them to get in trouble.
The sooner they know, the more options you have. Just tell them what you told us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">