• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TRUST VALID?(FLORIDA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rxxxie

Is trust valid?/Florida

Hello. The value of Mom's trust was about $500,000.00 at her death. My Mom & Dad created a living trust in '94. Mom died in '98. Father remarried in '99. After Mom's death he never mentioned the trust again, (her's was to become irrevocable on her death)or paid out anything to me, as I was a benificiary of Mom. I have an original signed by both, copy of the Trust, and it appears:
1. The Trust was never recorded.
2. The schedules listing the contents of Mom's part (of which I am a beneficiary) were never recorded, and can't be found. I never saw this part, either.
3. I can trace the cash & property that she put in it, through recorded mortgage deeds, etc.
4. Dad has sold, transferred & disposed of some these items quietly, since her death.

The Big Questions:
1. Even though the Trust was not recorded, is it valid?
2. Can a Lawyer or Court help me get these things since the schedule listing them is missing?

Thank-you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">