• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP Alcohol Michigan Probation terms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlexG

What is the name of your state? Michigan

So about 5 months before i turned 21 i was caught drinking underage at a party and was sentenced to 1 year of probation as well as two classes in alcohol awareness. This is in the state of Michigan. I go to college out of state in Pennsylvania. My probation terms obviously include not consuming alcohol, so here is my question:

Am i still allowed to buy alcohol at a store if a friend asks me to pick some up on my way home? Obviously your ID does not get swiped and checked for any probation terms every time you buy a beer. Is my situation such that i would need to have a police officer have a reason to run my ID through the system to be aware of my probation terms? My main concern is understanding how enforcement of my ban from drinking works. Since i am not longer underage to anyone who is not aware of my probation i am of age.

Thanks in advance for your help, this is basically a request to have my terms of probation clarified in terms of what i can and cant do and how the authorities keep informed on these things.

xylene

Am i still allowed to buy alcohol at a store if a friend asks me to pick some up on my way home?
Answer: NO.

My main concern is understanding how enforcement of my ban from drinking works. Since i am not longer underage to anyone who is not aware of my probation i am of age.
You ARE AWARE. Don you get it. NO ALCOHOL until your sentence is complete.

Enforcement is done by your PO.

Since you are out of state, I am assuming you are on unsupervised probation, therefore the onus is on you to stay out of trouble.

Kape239

It is best to just stay away from it till your probation is over. Why risk it over trying to impress your friends.

ALSO:
Can someone please tell me how to start a thread

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">