• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor's rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LvgonaDream

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I've reserached this, but there is no definitive answer.

My 16 *1/2 yod daughter broke up with her 19 yod boyfriend in early Oct 9the third to be exact). They dated for about 7-8 months. He was sexually cheating on her with a 14 yod and a 15 yod at the same time.

He is now constantly calling her, her 14 yod cousin who lives 25 miles away, her 16 yod "best friend", now my younger daughter's friends, as well as other minors. Alone, these phone calls, e-mails and/or IM contacts seem minor, but the kid is messed up. He tells each of these girls "I love you, I miss you, where do you live? do you want to see me as much as i want to see you". I have asked him as well as his mother "lose my phone number" to no avail. My daughter is worried for her friends safty because he knows where all of them live. this boy is also tring to contact my mother-in-law who has enough to deal with.

What recourse do we have here? Can an adult contact a minor unsolicted? What can my daughter do for a restraining order

Thanks for any help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
All the parents of the minors should file for restraining orders. YOU can do nothing for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">