• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 and moving out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Incomplete-Ange

What is the name of your state? Texas

OK, I'm sure I'll get a lot of people saying I'm stupid, and blah blah blah, I don't know. Don't waste your time, I already know everything you could possibly tell me bout how stupid I am.

Anyway, my Mom is always saying that at 17 a teen can move out, but when I told her I wanted to move out at 17 she flipped out on me and said she could file runaway charges on me. She said that anyone that helps harbor me would go to jail along with me. Is that true? Is there anyway around that?
BTW; I'd be moving to Kentucky so... Is there different laws there against "runaway" at 17? Is it possible for me to move to kentucky at 17 and not get thrown in jail?

What is the name of your state? Texas

OK, I'm sure I'll get a lot of people saying I'm stupid, and blah blah blah, I don't know. Don't waste your time, I already know everything you could possibly tell me bout how stupid I am.

Anyway, my Mom is always saying that at 17 a teen can move out, but when I told her I wanted to move out at 17 she flipped out on me and said she could file runaway charges on me. She said that anyone that helps harbor me would go to jail along with me. Is that true? Is there anyway around that?
BTW; I'd be moving to Kentucky so... Is there different laws there against "runaway" at 17? Is it possible for me to move to kentucky at 17 and not get thrown in jail?
Yes, no, no, and no.

Hope that helps. Have you tried researching emancipation?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you are 18, you can move out and go anywhere you like. Until then, you live where your mother says you live.

Incomplete-Ange

Well, when you forget some of it...come on back and ask for advice.
You know, people come on here for advice, for help, not to be criticized by an ******* like you.
You don't know my situation, you don't know my reasoning for wanting to move. For all you know, I don't really want to move. You don't know me, so, *******, don't be so mean, have a heart. Help somebody once in a while instead of pushing them down.

Now that I have said my peace... **** yall.
Incomplete

Happy Trails

You know, people come on here for advice, for help, not to be criticized by an ******* like you.
You don't know my situation, you don't know my reasoning for wanting to move. For all you know, I don't really want to move. You don't know me, so, *******, don't be so mean, have a heart. Help somebody once in a while instead of pushing them down.

Now that I have said my peace... **** yall.
Incomplete
The people who responded can only go by the information you provided them.

Your questions were answered, but if you feel there is something else that needed to be considered, why wouldn't you put that in your initial post?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">