• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jerrycol

Hello and thanks for providing this service. I am partnered with a friend and we both are the manager (with a legal binding contract) of a professional boxer. We have spent over 10 thousand dollars on this young man an he has all of a sudden refused to cooperate with us. He has taken fights without our okay as stipulated in the contract and has not paid his percentage due to us. He also has a promotional contract with a promoter who is directing him "not" to contact me. My partner is in Sydney and I am in Boston. The contract was signed in Sydney and notorized by an Attorney. What recourse do I have against this man. There is 2 years left on his contract to us. Any help would be appreciated.
J.C. Boston Massachusetts

ALawyer

You'll need a lawyer to get him to respond and get damages.

You have claims against him for breach of contract and against the agent for his interference with the contract. But he'll likely defend claiming you failed to do what you undertook to do.

J

jerrycol

Thanks for your quick reply. I will get on it first thing tomorrow.
Thanks again
J Colton

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">