• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DianaDeiDei

I had not filed federal taxes for two year. I then "came clean" and had the IRS do it for me on their amnesty day. Now that I have started doing my taxes for 2000, I realize the IRS agent did not take the EIC credit for me. Do I have any recourse in this matter? I am currently on a payment schedule if that has anything to do with the situation.

L

loku

Amended Return

You can claim the EIC for those years by amending your return. To do that, use Form 1040X and the Instructions for Form 1040X. You can generally amend your return before the later of 3 years after the return is filed, or 2 years after the tax is paid. Here is the link to the IRS site where you can download the form and instructions: http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/forms_pubs/index.html

D

DianaDeiDei

Amended Return

Ioku, thank you for your reply. I greatly appreciate it.
Again, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">