• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Backdated Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JJenson

What is the name of your state? Utah

I will jsut say everything that happend and what I was told so I make sure I have everything.

On Nov 5th I recieved a 1 month free trial of a water softener. After the 1 month they come and see if they can sell you on it. Well on the 4th of December the sales person came and we said yes as long as it was under $25 a month to purchase this unit. He came back 1 1/2 weeks later and said he could only get $46 a month we said no.

He told us he would se what he could do and and he cam back on the 22nd of December and said he got it under $25 we said ok but went over a bills later that night and saw we really couldn't afford this. So we called on the 24th of December to cancel as we have 3 days to cancel as we go the contract that we signed on the 22nd had been backdated to the 4th of December when we worked out our original deal.

This new contract was prefille din by the sales representative before and told us just to sign.

When I called in to cancel they said that the new contract was just a rewrite of the original contract. And that I don't ahve the 3 days anymore. The new contract we signed makes no mention of the original one we talked about and it was said the original one was only acceptable if under $25 adn it was not. PLus on the original contract I was on it and they said I didn't qualify and only my wife could be on it. The new one had both our names.

I am wondering what I can do all I want is this unit returned and me to take no financial damages because of this. DO I have a recourse?

Thanks
JJ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">