• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC Representation in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ayurveda

Hello,

I own and operate a (one member) LLC in Ohio.

Can limited liability companies, in Ohio, file motions without a lawyer? That is, can I, as an officer of the company, file a motion, or does the law demand I be represented by an attorney?

I ask taking for granted the fact that anything beyond the simplistic, obviously, requires professional assistance. I'm just curious about what the law says.

I've thumbed through the Revised Code, but I've managed to turn up nothing yet.

Thanks for your help.

- Bill

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

In the eyes of the law,your business is seen as an individual, so the answer would be yes but not recommended.Most companies either use their own in house counsel or hire outside law firms

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">