• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog bite dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sam2007

What is the name of your state? CA
Need your advices. My dog ran out to the park to hunt rabbit. A lady walking around with 2or 3 unleashed dogs told my wife that her dog was bitten by our dog. She took the dog to the vet and he chopped the dog tail. Her husband came to our house and gave us the bill $1100.00. My wife contacted our insurance and they are going to contact the dog owner. Today, He came to my door and demand my wife to pay by this saturday or else he is going to sue us in the court. What do you guy think? Thanks in advance.

Happy Trails

What is the name of your state? CA
Need your advices. My dog ran out to the park to hunt rabbit. A lady walking around with 2or 3 unleashed dogs told my wife that her dog was bitten by our dog. She took the dog to the vet and he chopped the dog tail. Her husband came to our house and gave us the bill $1100.00. My wife contacted our insurance and they are going to contact the dog owner. Today, He came to my door and demand my wife to pay by this saturday or else he is going to sue us in the court. What do you guy think? Thanks in advance.
You are negligent because your dog was not on a leash and caused damage to another animal.

She should have also had hers on leashes, but would that have stopped the attack?

Tell them you have turned it over to your homeowner's insurance and to be patient.

sam2007

Thank you for quick response. I did and her husband demands money by saturday. My dog is very shy. she stays away other dogs. Many times, dogs came to our yard, she will not attack any other dogs unless the other came and snip at her. I had seen many times. I did not witness the incident but her dogs must came closer to her. She always enjoy to hunt rabbit in the park (wild area). Do I need a lawyer?

dcatz

Do I need a lawyer?
You can't have one in CA Small Claims (and the cost would probably be prohibitive anyway).
Just promptly inform your insurer, if you're served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">