• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP - Alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tgh518

What is the name of your state? Texas.
Yesterday i was charged with a Minor In Possession - Alcohol. I had a case of keystone in the back of my car and due to certain circumstances i had to let the cop search my car. I'm already on probation so i know this is in violation of my probation. Im not on probation for anything related to drugs or alcohol so this is my first offense with anything like this.
What im wondering is...
1. What kind of misdemeanor is the ticket?
2. How will this affect my probation?
3. Whats the fine like?
4. am i screwed :(What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

It's a class C misdemeanor. $500 fine provided your previous conviction wasn't also a mip. There's an option for deferred adjudication that may not be open to you based on your probation violation. You'll need to take an alcohol awareness course (where hopefully they'll teach you to drink better beer than Keystone).

As for your probation, who knows. It could be anything from a slap on the wrist, to more supervision, to reinstatement of any suspended sentence from your original case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">