• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Consumption/Fake ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calvinp1

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was visiting some friends in Madison, WI in November and received what I believe is a Minor in Consumption ticket (statute 125.07(4)(b)) for $172.00. The officer just wrote "Underage Drinking" on the ticket, so I assume this is an MIC. However, when he took my wallet to get my Driver's License, my fake ID was in the pocket where the real ID usually goes, and he took that and started copying down my information. When I realized he was using my fake ID, I told him that that was not a real ID and showed him where my real Driver's License was. He then copied down that information for my MIC citation. I also got a "Fake I.D.- Showing Legal Age" citation (Statue 125.085 (3)(b) 4), which was $424.00. What is interesting is that the officer did not confiscate my fake ID and I still have it in my possession, though I've since stopped using it. (Is this standard procedure? I'm an Eagle Scout- he saw my card in my wallet- if that makes a difference)

Since I was clearly guilty of both violations, I chose not to go to court and paid both citations within 30 days of receiving them. I'm a sophomore in college and am thinking of going to law school or possibly pursuing a career in government. I guess my question is regarding the impact that these citations will have in the future. Is either of these considered a misdemeanor offense? Both citations were issued by the city of Madison. What effect will this have on law school admissions/the government job application process? Will these violations remain on my record?

Thanks for the help.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was visiting some friends in Madison, WI in November and received what I believe is a Minor in Consumption ticket (statute 125.07(4)(b)) for $172.00. The officer just wrote "Underage Drinking" on the ticket, so I assume this is an MIC. However, when he took my wallet to get my Driver's License, my fake ID was in the pocket where the real ID usually goes, and he took that and started copying down my information. When I realized he was using my fake ID, I told him that that was not a real ID and showed him where my real Driver's License was. He then copied down that information for my MIC citation. I also got a "Fake I.D.- Showing Legal Age" citation (Statue 125.085 (3)(b) 4), which was $424.00. What is interesting is that the officer did not confiscate my fake ID and I still have it in my possession, though I've since stopped using it. (Is this standard procedure? I'm an Eagle Scout- he saw my card in my wallet- if that makes a difference)

Since I was clearly guilty of both violations, I chose not to go to court and paid both citations within 30 days of receiving them. I'm a sophomore in college and am thinking of going to law school or possibly pursuing a career in government. I guess my question is regarding the impact that these citations will have in the future. Is either of these considered a misdemeanor offense? Both citations were issued by the city of Madison. What effect will this have on law school admissions/the government job application process? Will these violations remain on my record?

Thanks for the help.
**A: not to worry. You will just be one of us drunk and lying sob lawyers.
Oh wait, you're an Eagle Scout. What's up with that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">