• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arcorona

:mad:What is the name of your state? California.:confused:
I get a monthly credit report. I felt I had a fair credit rating. I have 681, 641, 686, with the reporting agencies. I was told by the auto dealership that my score 585 with experian. I had a printout of my most recent credit report and showed them the recent scores. They told me that they scores vary. A friend who just got a car with the dealership was with me along with my wife. My friend had told me to make sure that I tell them to inculde the gap insur. and extend warrety in monthy payment which I did. I was trying to get 07 used Armada and I got an 06. That night I got credit alerts. So i checked the alerts and it showed that the dealership had checked all 3 credit agent. I think that that they went with the lowest credit rateing they could find which should of been my 641. They did not tell me or show me the other 2 credit rateings. I got a credit report with Experian today and I have a 621. Which should be right becuase of the inqeries made. Was Auto Fraud done to m! e? Thanks

DRTDEVL

No.

You saw a different score altogether.

There are MANY different credit scores out there, and I am almost willing to bet that you did not pay 40-some-odd dollars at myfico.com for your official score (the only real credit score), but you paid a lesser sum to the consumer reporting agencies to give you their version of your credit score.

On top of that, there are many different FICO scoring models. What the dealer showed you was your "Auto Enhanced FICO" score. This can vary more than 100 points from your "Classic" FICO, and even more from your fake score you were duped into buying from the Equifax, Experian and Transunion.

Sorry for your luck, but consider this an education in your credit. Google "creditboards" to find out more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">