• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims or Not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enya

Connecticut:

I am not sure if I have a small claims case or not, and I need some feedback. We bought a home in 2004 from a couple that was going through a divorce. The home was built in 2003 (and we did not do an inspection since the home was new and we had pressure to close quickly). We recently found out that the builder did not use plywood on one side of the home, but rather sheetrock. I called the building inspector and he said it was a violation of code. I then called the builder and he was willing to come and take a look at it. He agreed that it was problem, and told me to get it fixed. He could not repair it at the time because he was backed up. Once repaired he asked me to send him the bill and he would submit it to his insurance company for coverage. I spoke to him in early December and I tried to follow-up with him, but he has not returned phone calls. Do you think that this is worth taking to small claims? or should I just chalk it up as an experience? ($2200)
!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">