• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery by my own MOM!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aallen87

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am trying to get a loan but can not becuase my mom has taken out orginally a $15,000 loan in my name with her as the co-signer, then I came to find that the loan is now over $36,000. I informed her I wanted my name removed, but she said I am partially resposible becuase it was to pay for my car, and school expenses. My car was $8,000 and so far after 10 semesters I owe about $1,200. I never signed the loan documents, the loan was taken out while I was in college, The car was purchased in 2003 and my first year of college wasn't untill 2005. Also since the loan is in my name and was used to pay for the car, would I have any claim to it, even with out my name on the registration and title, but the I had insurance on the vehicle? The reason I am asking is becuase, my mother and my stepdad came to "private property" with "no trespassing" signs visibly posted and removed the car from the property. I am trying to figure out what legal process' i need to take to get the loan out of my name, and possibly pressing charges for forgery if possible, and if i have claim over the car.:confused::confused::confused:

VeronicaLodge

you need to file a police report for identity theft and contact all three credit bureaus and then contact the lender and tell them you did not sign that loan and did not receive the money and give them a copy of the police report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">