• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent Willing to Take Child instead of Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

auburnd

What is the name of your state? LA

My son just informed me that his GF if pregnant and they are going to put the baby up for an open adoption. My husband and I said that we will adopt the baby or my sister and her husband has been wanting a child for a long time and they can't have any. They would love to have the baby. My son and his GF seem to be more worried about the attorney she spoke to telling her they would pay for everything including $5,000 living expenses. It seems to me they are only concerned about this money, I feel they are wanting to sell my grandchild when we are willing to take the baby. Do I have any legal rights to fight them on this if I have to?

nextwife

It is their right to choose the birth parents whom they wish. Maybe your son doesn't WANT to become a brother or cousin to his own child, and prefers a non-related placement. Maybe if you push the issue, GF will just decide to keep the baby rather than have your family adopt.

The point is, if you or your DIL want to become adoptive parents, there are tens of thousands of children in need of homes worldwide, and you can still proceed to become adoptive parents regardless of what son AND his GF decide to do. ALL children deserve homes - whether they share our genes or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">