• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption,grand parent rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riverbudfriend

What is the name of your state? CA

My son has to go to court for a hearing about his daughter my grand daughter.
The social worker recommends a. Termination of parental rights and implementation of a plan of adoption. What options do I have to get the child? Can my daughter her Aunt adopt her and what rights do we have has blood relatives?What is the name of your state?

riverbudfriend

She is in the same area, she put the child in a situation where she got hurt by a new boyfriend and my son has not kept a steady job and the child is in a foster care home

nextwife

my son has not kept a steady job and the child is in a foster care home
Did mom, as CP, have steady jobs? She ONLY lost custody because she allowed a boyfriend to hurt her child. Good employment is NOT a prerequisite for son to have custody. LOTS of custodial moms have custody, no jobs, get welfare (not that I am advocating it- just pointing out that moms are assisted financially in having custody). Why hasn't son gone for custody? And child support from mom?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? CA

My son has to go to court for a hearing about his daughter my grand daughter.
The social worker recommends a. Termination of parental rights and implementation of a plan of adoption. What options do I have to get the child? Can my daughter her Aunt adopt her and what rights do we have has blood relatives?What is the name of your state?
You need an attorney ASAP. I am NOT kidding here. Its serious business if the social worker is recommending terminating dad's parental rights. If you don't get an attorney ASAP its likely that the foster parents are going to adopt the child.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Has anyone asked for this child to be placed with them instead of foster care? Where was family when the child was first placed in foster care? Why hasn't your son manned up and completed his case plan?

HpyFosterMom

If the social worker is recommending adoption, there's a good reason...

Honestly, the family asking for the child is a common ploy used by the biological parent or parents' families as a way for them to get the child back - they see it all the time. They feel they have good reasons for the child to be removed and to be placed w/ it's adoptive family and not with their biological parents and they will do everything they can to ensure that happens.

Just Blue

If the social worker is recommending adoption, there's a good reason...
Honestly, the family asking for the child is a common ploy used by the biological parent or parents' families as a way for them to get the child back - they see it all the time. They feel they have good reasons for the child to be removed and to be placed w/ it's adoptive family and not with their biological parents and they will do everything they can to ensure that happens.
OG can tell you this isn't always the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">