• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikey&Abby

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Right now, my uncle's estate is in probate. My dad is the only living heir. I was appointed the administrator of my uncle's estate. My dad don't really want to inherit anything and wants to pass everything to me. Is this possible at this stage?

Thanks!

tranquility

Only if you would be the sole heir other than your father by intestate succession and no other contingency was in the will--then father could disclaim. Otherwise it will be a gift to you from father.

Dandy Don

Find out from an attorney or the court if there is a special form for him to disclaim. If not, then father should go ahead and accept the assets through the probate process and then he can do whatever he wants with them--give them to you, etc.

Mikey&Abby

Only if you would be the sole heir other than your father by intestate succession and no other contingency was in the will--then father could disclaim. Otherwise it will be a gift to you from father.
My uncle didn't leave a will. My dad is the only heir since my uncle has no wife and no children. I was given administration since my dad don't want to get involved in it and like I said he wants to pass everything to me. That's what we told the lawyer to do however, after doing research online, I've found out that I'm merely an employee of my uncle's estate and my dad would still inherit everything after the estate closes. Is it possible for him to disclaim and pass his inheritance to me during probate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">