• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued by my ex, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redhed68

What is the name of your state? (NH) My boyfriend moved out of our townhouse shortly after we moved in. He sent a letter to the property management co. stating he wanted his half of the security deposit back (675$) when I move out. I sent a letter of agreement to them shortly after. The PM stated in writing to me that they would not be giving the deposit back to him until I move out anyways, unless we came up with a agreement that I would pay him his money myself, then he would be taken off the deposit totally.Well, now its 1 1/2 yrs later and hes demanding his money, not wanting to wait for me to move, wanting to scrap our agreement we had. I do not want to give it to him until I move. What are my chances of winning if he takes me to court? Can I sue him back for my legal fees if he loses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">