• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can a violent Juvenile Felony be expunged so my rights can be fully restored?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bookworm323

What is the name of your state? California

I committed a violent felony when I was 14. And now I am an adult now and residing in Oregon. My question is, how can my record be expunged so my rights can be fully restored? Also can all of my rights be restored? Thank you very much

Last edited:

bookworm323

how violent was the felony, what was your sentencing, and was it your only offense?
I made a mistake, I was actually 13. And I believe the charge was assault with great bodily harm[California Penal Code Section 245(a)(1), my sentencing was 50 hours of community service, one year probation and some consoling. And yes it was my only offense.

I was told that my rights may already be fully restored in the state of Oregon but not in California, does this sound correct? Thanks

UrbanDweller

Since you did community service and probation the judge may have already dismissed your case. To be extra sure you should contact the court in which you were adjudicated in or pay $10 or whatever to run a criminal background check. if a conviction does show up you can request the court to seal your records. the process differs from court to court but it mostly consists of filing a petition, and looking at your case I dont see why a judge wouldn't grant it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">