• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18-year-old daughter moved out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodfather

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My 18-year-old daughter has moved out of my home and is living either with friends or her boyfriend. Since she's 18, is there any course of action I can take, or are there still responsibilities I have that I should be concerned about?

Just Blue

My 18-year-old daughter has moved out of my home and is living either with friends or her boyfriend. Since she's 18, is there any course of action I can take, or are there still responsibilities I have that I should be concerned about?
Your daughter is an adult...In the eyes of the legal system and of society. She is responsible for herself.

HomeGuru

**A: you could send her money and visit her but there is no legal requirement to do so.

goodfather

What about school? She's a senior and won't graduate until May. Am I still responsible if for some reason she decides to drop out or starts missing classes?

CourtClerk

You are not responsible whatsoever. Period. Even if. And I wouldn't send her a dime, nor would I let her back in the house once loverboy isn't so great anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">