• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Religion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DisturbedbyLaw

What is the name of your state? California

i am 12, and today walked out of church. My parents are basically punishing me for the next 8 weeks, but i argue that freedom of religion applies to all people, where they say minors have no human rights. is this true?:(

Just Blue

Until you are 18 you are obligated to do as you are told. Period. Freedom of Religion does not apply in this situation.

CourtClerk

Had you been my child and walked out of church, I would have yanked you by your ear right back in your seat.

If you want freedom, then go home, pack your things and move out on your own. Wait, a 12 year old can't get a job, can't work legally in CA, can't pay his/her own way in life. Your parents should have whopped your disrespectful little tail.

i am 12, and today walked out of church. My parents are basically punishing me for the next 8 weeks, but i argue that freedom of religion applies to all people, where they say minors have no human rights. is this true?:(
Of course you have basic human rights. You have every right to disobey what your parents ask of you and suffer the consequences (as you are now).

You have the freedom of religion too, you can sit there and not listen all you want. My suggestion is that you do because you'll find life a bit more manageable if you at least listen and learn. You don't have to ascribe to all the hubbub that surrounds typical relgious dogma however as with everything in life, you can pick out the bits of morsal that will serve you well.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you were my kid and showed that much disrespect not only for the church but for me, when I got through with you you'd be pleading for as light a punishment as 8 weeks grounding.

Indiana Filer

You do not have to believe in god if you do not want to believe. You do have to obey your parents. If they say that you must attend and act respectful in church, then you must attend and act respectful in church.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">