• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor in possession of alcohol with previous record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smitty192

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

well in august, i was put on an informal adjustment agreement for a misdemeanor charge of simpe battery, which was sort of like probation, but not a full out probation. one of the terms i had to follow was to not commit a delinquent act. well yesterday was supposed to be my last day of the agreement, but im not sure if they terminated yesterday or not. well as stupid as i am, i was drinking last night. i was caught, and recieved an MIP. now my questions are:
1. how long wil it take the report to reach the court?
2. if it reaches the court before they terminate my probation, will it still count against it?
3. what may come of this if it does afect my probation? jail time, comunity service, fine, class, etc.?

any other information that may be useful please post here as well.

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

well in august, i was put on an informal adjustment agreement for a misdemeanor charge of simpe battery, which was sort of like probation, but not a full out probation. one of the terms i had to follow was to not commit a delinquent act.
By not completing your Informal Adjustment, it's possible that you may have to go to Court on your battery charge.

well yesterday was supposed to be my last day of the agreement, but im not sure if they terminated yesterday or not. well as stupid as i am, i was drinking last night. i was caught, and recieved an MIP. now my questions are:
Stupid is right.

1. how long wil it take the report to reach the court?
The police department will refer this to the court, probably within days of your arrest.

2. if it reaches the court before they terminate my probation, will it still count against it?
Ummm, Yeah, since you didn't obey the IFA rules.

3. what may come of this if it does afect my probation? jail time, comunity service, fine, class, etc.?
As an offense following an Informal Adjustment, it's likely that you will go to Court on this new charge, and perhaps on your old charge of battery.

How old are you? Still under 18? You'll probably get probation with community service, as well as whatever else your probation officer decides you need.

smitty192

alright, well what would there be to go to court over for an MIP? i could just go in and plead guilty right? and im 16, still a juvenile

and why would i have to go to court again for the simple battery when thats already been taken care of?

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

alright, well what would there be to go to court over for an MIP? i could just go in and plead guilty right? and im 16, still a juvenile

and why would i have to go to court again for the simple battery when thats already been taken care of?
You'd probably end up with probation. And you'd go to court (again) on the battery since you violated the Informal Adjustment, and might now get a formal petition alleging delinquency.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
what is alleging delinquency?
Google is your friend. Or try using the dictionary. That's the big book with lots of words. No, not the Bible. The other one. With all the words in alphabetical order. If you have trouble with that part, try the ABC song. Come on - you remember it. I know you do. ;)

smitty192

yea well i looked and i couldnt find an actual definition of it, other than it was some form of formal petition, but i have no clue what it does

Indiana Filer

what is alleging delinquency?
Juvenile delinquency means that a person who is under the age of 18 broke a criminal law. The reason it's a Petition Alleging Delinquency, is that the state is saying that you broke the law. In other words, they are alleging that you broke the law, but that you have not yet been proven or have admitted that you broke the law. The Petition is the official paperwork that the state (aka the prosecutor) files asking the Court to charge you with having committed the offense.

Once you admit or have been found to have committed the offense, you are no longer an alleged delinquent. At that point, you would legally be a juvenile delinquent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">