• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws related to keeping a minor from dating--Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KeepKidsSafe

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I found this while searching for Texas laws. I work for a children's home in Texas and we have a situation. One of our girls (15yo) is in a relationship with a 19yo boy. She's a freshman and he's a senior. They see each other at school and church and that's about it. Lately she's revealed she is afraid of him, and he has made some stalking type behavior(i.e.-showing up at group outing far from the facility when not being invited, driving by constantly, telling her who she can and cannot associate with, coming to her home uninvited).He is an immigrant and I'm unsure of his legal status. My main concerns at this point are the age difference and the domestic violence-type behaviors.

I don't think the penal code related to sex acts applies, as she is under our supervision or the school's, and I don't think it's an issue. What legal means do we have to enforce them not having a relationship? We have temporarty possessory conservatorship and she is placed through JPO.

I don't neccessarily want to press charges, but I want some ammunition when I do confront him about our requirement for termination of the relationship.

Thanks for any input.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Really? :confused:

It would seem logical that the first place to start would be to remove the offending party from the environment.
The girl is in a home (think foster home, though I'm sure it's not that).
The boy is a 19 year old senior, not in any sort of home.

Now, what grounds would our OP have to EXPEL the boy from ANYTHING that OP is in control of?

xylene

The girl is in a home (think foster home, though I'm sure it's not that).
The boy is a 19 year old senior, not in any sort of home.

Now, what grounds would our OP have to EXPEL the boy from ANYTHING that OP is in control of?
You may be right, I guess I was understanding the posters position as one with the authority of the state.

I still think getting the 19 year old excluded from the structured controlled environment of high school would be the easiest first step.

KeepKidsSafe

The girl is in our facility( think boy's ranch) , the boy is not. They both attend public school in town. Our facility does not have any control over activities at school. Thanks for the input so far!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The girl is in our facility( think boy's ranch) , the boy is not. They both attend public school in town. Our facility does not have any control over activities at school. Thanks for the input so far!
As SJ suggested - consider getting a restraining order, if possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">