• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i really need some help! pleeease read.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvice929

State of MA. OK so, i used to live next to this crazy woman. i guess she has a reputation for being crazy, all around the county. i didnt know this and became friends with her when we moved into the apt next to hers. she has accused me of stealing a $2000 watch, which i didn't steal. She reported it missing to the police on Sept 24. She recently sent me a message on myspace harassing me and saying i was avoiding being served, so I called the court, thinking that she was just being her crazy self and lying about it, but she wasn't. The day after she reported the watch missing, the town detective called me into his office. We talked about it. His narrative of that conversation, which i collected for court, states twice that my reactions weren't consistent with a person who was guilty of a crime. It also talks about the harassing internet posting that she made directed at me, in which she states that she is a "wiccan" and has "cursed" both me and the watch. And that she is "capable of anything once pissed off". The narrative is completely in my favor.

So, 4 months after the fact, I get served. To the apartment that I used to live in, the apartment she watched me move out of. She actually videotaped the move and verbally harassed us the entire time. After I called the court and found out that I actually was served at the wrong address, I went and filed for motion to reverse default, explaining that I hadn't lived at that address for months, and had the new summons sent to my new address.

This woman is legitimately crazy. She's medicated as well. Her story has changed over and over over the past few months. I mean this is seriously ridiculous. She has no proof other than stating that I was the only person in a single room at the time, which isn't even true. I don't even know if there is a watch in the first place. I was just wondering what my chances are in court and if there's any way she will be able to really turn this around on me. The police narrative is obviously and blatantly in my favor, so I'm also wondering if that will have a large advantage on my side, since the police are the law. If there's no way she can have solid proof that I did anything, can they even find me guilty? My new court date is in early feb.

I would also like to know how to get my entire story out to the judge quickly and tactfully so as not to look like i'm attacking her and making myself look bad.

Can someone please help? everyone is telling me i have nothing to worry about, but I think I need some more reassurance other than just the sentence, "you have nothing to worry about."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">