• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZEAK

What is the name of your state? indiana

with ebays constant changing of rules on how and why you can have your account suspended is it possible to sue them or do you need to go after individual members?

if ebay is your main job and buyers leave negative feedback can they be held for slander and sued for loss of income? or do you need to go to the source and sue ebay for allowing arbitrary feedback to ruin your income.

ive read on other forums that ebay must remove feedbay under court order but how do you get that court order? by suing ebay or the buyer?

im in no real need here just looking at the future you always have to stay on top of things
any advice welcome

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
eBay is a private company.
You would have to PROVE losses to sue for LIBEL on negative feedback. (generally)

Rexlan

What is the name of your state? indiana

if ebay is your main job and buyers leave negative feedback
eBay has turned into a junkyard of mostly unprofessional people who sell junk that they get from distributors on consignment. A good many of the "power sellers" (lol) can't even write a complete sentence. Sure you can sue them but they are entitled to their opinion of your service as you are of their performance. So how would you ever win the dispute and what’s the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZEAK

ebays taking away or downgrading your selling ability would be proof of loss would it not?

ZEAK

eBay has turned into a junkyard of mostly unprofessional people who sell junk that they get from distributors on consignment. A good many of the "power sellers" (lol) can't even write a complete sentence. Sure you can sue them but they are entitled to their opinion of your service as you are of their performance. So how would you ever win the dispute and what’s the point. QUOTE]

your just rude another forum watcher with no real knowledge

seniorjudge

eBay has turned into a junkyard of mostly unprofessional people who sell junk that they get from distributors on consignment. A good many of the "power sellers" (lol) can't even write a complete sentence. Sure you can sue them but they are entitled to their opinion of your service as you are of their performance. So how would you ever win the dispute and what’s the point.

zeak said: im in no real need here just looking at the future you always have to stay on top of things any advice welcome

Good advice.

I agree.

ZEAK

you can prove it with your sales figures can you not? if you are making such and such a month then ebay restricts your account because of feedback you can then show figures on what you would or could have made with out the restrictions. and since those restrictions are based on previous feedback it seems to me you would have cause to go after those members. granted you would have to prove they did it maliciously but wouldnt there be grounds?

this is a hypothetical if your replying to insult me please find another string

seniorjudge

Q: you can prove it with your sales figures can you not? if you are making such and such a month then ebay restricts your account because of feedback you can then show figures on what you would or could have made with out the restrictions. and since those restrictions are based on previous feedback it seems to me you would have cause to go after those members. granted you would have to prove they did it maliciously but wouldnt there be grounds?

A: This is not an insult; I am asking you how you would prove your case. If you are insulted by this, then you don't need to be in court. Okay, away from sensitivity issues and more to the point: HOW are you going to prove that eBay did something to you that caused your sales to go down? Answer that question, please.

Rexlan

SJ ..... he can not answer that question ... lol. It is speculative at best ... as you already know.

ZEAK .... you should definitely sue each and every one of the people who leave negative feedback for you. Start with me if you like but I won't buy anything from you on eBay. What is your handle on eBay ... let's check you out a little and see what king of action you have going.

About the worst rating I ever see on eBay is 97%. You have to be a bag before eBay restricts your ability to sell stuff like OP is worried about. Here is the policy and it sure is liberal. Many years ago eBay was sort of neat but pretty much a junk yard now with the "stores" theme.

"Sellers who have demonstrated buyer dissatisfaction rates greater than 5% within a 90-day window are now subject to temporary 14-day restrictions in the form of selling sanctions or reduced listing volume. Sellers with dissatisfaction rates that are 10% or greater are now subject to indefinite restrictions until they improve their buyer dissatisfaction rates to less than 5%. In both cases, sellers are given instructions on how to resolve their open disputes and take other recommended actions to in order to regain their full selling privileges."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">