• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Stereo amplifier warrenty.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zeroguage

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I purchased an Autotech MM4000.1 Car amplifier from Ubid.com the last week of August 07. The amplifier was Referbished by the manufacturer with a 90 day manufacturers warrenty. I recieved the amp approximately 7 days later. It took me a little over 3 weeks to get it installed due to the fact Ihad to do some electrical upgrades to my vehicle to compnsate for the extra draw of electriclal current the amp would create. After only 20 minutes of playtime my amp goes into "Protect mode" meaning there is some form of internal malfunction causing the amp to not perform correctly and the built in safty function of the amp has kicked in to protect from any further malfunctions. I Immdiately Call Autotech and explaind my situation. They informed me that they would send me the information needed to honor there warrenty.

On 9/12/07 i recieved the email with my RA# and the address of there certified contracted amplifier repair facility. CIA engineering. I shipped the amp the next day and the amp was recieved by cia engineering on 9-17-07

About 1 week later i recieved a phone call from "JK" (Joe xxxx) the owner of CIA Engineering asking if I the amp had been repaired in the past. I told him that the amp was a refurb that was previoulsy repaired by the manufacturer and that most likely it was him that had done the previous repair. He said ok, and that he would have it fixed and returned as soon as possible.

Three weeks later i decided to call and inquire about my amp due to the fact that i had bought a new house and moved. i wanted to give them my new address. I gave him my new address and inquired about the current status of my amp. He claimed he had not stared on the amp due to some family emergency and that he would "get right on it".

On 10/29/07 I emailed CIA engineering inquiring my amps repair status.

Email: Hi, i sent in an Autotek MM4000.1D about 6 weeks ago and im wondering how much longer its gonna be. RA# 715586
I'm just kind of worried due to the fact i have moved since sending the amp in. I have givin you my updated addres but im sending it again just in case

I recieved a reply only a few hours later:

Email: I'm still waiting on parts from Maxxsonics for the MM4000.1, etc. from Maxxsonics. I expect them anytime with finals comming up and all.
JK

On 11/14/07 i recieve another email reply from the last email I had sent. I guess he didnt realize he had already replied the first e-mail.

Email: Just waiting on proprietary parts from Maxxsonics to complete the repair.
Thanks,
Joe K

On 11/29/07 I decided to email the maufacturer.

Email: My amp was sent out and received by Joe at CIA Engineering approximately 5 days after receiving this e-mail with warranty instructions. To date, I have made several e-mails to Joe and have been told he is waiting on parts from the manufacturer. Even in the slowest of businesses, two and a half months is an extremely long time to be waiting on parts. I feel I have been very patient and am starting to believe I am never going to get my amp back. I am asking for some assistance from you with this matter. I would hope that you would provide some customer support and call CIA Engineering to find out why they are so delinquent in fixing and returning this amp to me. Thank you for any help you can provide me with this matter.

I finally recieved an email for CIA Engineering on 12/06/07

Email: We are in the process of rebuilding driver cards for these amps, as maxxsonics is having trouble getting them. My best guess is about 10 days to completion of your amp.
Thanks,
Joe K
CIA Engineering

On 12/29/07, 23 days after being told that I would have my amp in 10 days I sent another email.

Email: Got an ETA yet for getting my amp finished?

and to this date i have not recieved a reply.

I feel that i have been getting the run around and would like to know what my next step is.
I either want my amp back fully repaired or my money returned. What legal action should I/Can I take from here?

Thanks you,
Jason Burns

Zeroguage

Update!

I Just spoke to a represenative from Maxxasonics. The parent company of Autotek.
I was told that due to the fact the Model MM4000.1 is no longer in production that they no longer have the repair parts in stock. They are working with a distributor over seas to build the parts but it is taken longer then expected. I was informed that there are people that have been waiting over a year now and that once they recieve the parts that all the amps will be fixed.

what I do not understand is how a company can sell a product, with a warrenty without having the the parts needed to make the repairs if the situation should arise.

Personally I dont want to wait a year for the parts anymore, I want a refund. Am I legally entitled to a refund or do I have no choice but to wait for the amp to be repaired?

BL

I Just spoke to a represenative from Maxxasonics. The parent company of Autotek.
I was told that due to the fact the Model MM4000.1 is no longer in production that they no longer have the repair parts in stock. They are working with a distributor over seas to build the parts but it is taken longer then expected. I was informed that there are people that have been waiting over a year now and that once they recieve the parts that all the amps will be fixed.

what I do not understand is how a company can sell a product, with a warrenty without having the the parts needed to make the repairs if the situation should arise.

Personally I dont want to wait a year for the parts anymore, I want a refund. Am I legally entitled to a refund or do I have no choice but to wait for the amp to be repaired?
File a complaint with your local Office of Attorney General consumer affairs section .

Print everything out you posted here , and in your complaint state you want a full refund .

When you call to have them send you a formal complaint form , ask if they have any other complaints on the repair facility and/or manufacture .

xylene

A right to money refund is depends on the exact warranty terms, but it does not hurt to ask.

How about this for an approach.

Dear Maxxasonics:

Clearly a reasonable time frame for repairs has elapsed. While I feel for customers who have been waiting for a year, I am not willing to be one. You can see that it is mutually problematic to offer warrantee coverage on products you no longer support.

I propose two options as solutions

1) You can return me the purchase price of the amplifier

2) You can provide me with a substitute amplifier of equal or comparable audio performance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">