• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High School Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vamxaa

What is the name of your state? California

I'm at the age of 16 and i got arrested for stealing. I did it with 3 of my friends and stole from people in our school. We got a court date and a public defender. We are being charged with 4 felonies of grand theft. We are for sure that 2 of those were not above 400$.

I wanted to know who we should tell this information to. My public defender also told me about getting recommedation letters from my teachers. Would that help? I'm thinking of doing some community service to kind of pay back for the crimes I did. Would that help me at court at all? What is probably the sentence i will receive?
Thanks in advance.

kidzilla

What is the name of your state? California

I'm at the age of 16 and i got arrested for stealing. I did it with 3 of my friends and stole from people in our school. We got a court date and a public defender. We are being charged with 4 felonies of grand theft. We are for sure that 2 of those were not above 400$.

I wanted to know who we should tell this information to. My public defender also told me about getting recommedation letters from my teachers. Would that help? I'm thinking of doing some community service to kind of pay back for the crimes I did. Would that help me at court at all? What is probably the sentence i will receive?
Thanks in advance.
Community Service for grand theft x4?
You'll probably have to pay a lot of it first. Recommendations from teachers would help, especially if it's something like "I forgive...."

CourtClerk

With 4 counts of grand theft, I'd say that juvenile detention is a likely possiblity. However, you should do the community service anyway, not because you think it's going to get you a lighter sentence, but because you obviously need something to do with the extra time on your hands that you can't seem to do something productive with. Maybe it'll help you grow up and mature before you end up in prison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">