• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft under a lease purchase agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slreno

What is the name of your state? ohio

i was leasing some merchandise from a rent to own company and they where playing really shady games so i refused to make payments until they started following there own agreements. well just got a letter saying that they have filed for theft with the local police department. and it has gone to the prosecuters office. there has not been any actual charges filed as of yet.
i am kind of confused as to how they are going to file any charges at all. because by reading all the laws on the lease purchase agreements for ohio it is stating that any thefts commited on rented property does NOT include LEASE PURCHASE AGREEMENTS.. that is actually a ohio state law.
here is the link to the amndment to the ohio revised code and it clearly states that rental does not included lease purchase agreemnets
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:0TxJAxjrpwsJ:www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=123_HB_263_4+ohio+theft+of+rented+property&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us
how can theft charges be filed against me when ohio obviously prohibits it?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? ohio

i was leasing some merchandise from a rent to own company and they where playing really shady games so i refused to make payments until they started following there own agreements. well just got a letter saying that they have filed for theft with the local police department. and it has gone to the prosecuters office. there has not been any actual charges filed as of yet.
i am kind of confused as to how they are going to file any charges at all. because by reading all the laws on the lease purchase agreements for ohio it is stating that any thefts commited on rented property does NOT include LEASE PURCHASE AGREEMENTS.. that is actually a ohio state law.
here is the link to the amndment to the ohio revised code and it clearly states that rental does not included lease purchase agreemnets
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:0TxJAxjrpwsJ:www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=123_HB_263_4+ohio+theft+of+rented+property&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us
how can theft charges be filed against me when ohio obviously prohibits it?

**A: you are way off. Read the lease contract specificially the default provisions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">