• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue Wedding Photographer????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisa0226

What is the name of your state? MIchigan

Here is the case - I wanted to know if I have a case to work with - I know nothing of the legal system - and at this point I just want my proofs back!

Anyway - I signed a contract back in June of 2002. The wedding was in August of 2002. I paid for all services/packages before the wedding (actually my father had the remaining balance owed and paid the photographer the night of the wedding.) Anyway - my complete package included like 20 8x10 and 30 5x7 and the proof book. ( I still have a copy of the signed convtract.) In the contract it stated that once I received the proofs from the photographer that I had 60 days or there was a $60.00 fee for processing the pictures. I had them for 2 years before I turned them it- it's my fault and I understand, and I have no problem with paying the $60.00 to get my pictures processed. Also I had tried to call her with no avail to turn in my proofs - or at least keep contact with her - She never called me to find out when I was turning in my proofs. I finanally was able to get them to her sometime in 2004 (she bowls with my mom so my mom dropped them off at the bowling alley. ) anyway I finally got ahold of her - after trying to call her many times to talk to about my pictures and leaving tons of messages with no answer she finally answered her phone - she told me that she had not done anything with the pictures because she had lost my sheet that said what pictures I wanted in what sizes. She gave me her email address and I was to email over that pictures that I wanted. She did say it was going to take some time because at the time the pictures were taken they were not digital they were 35mm. Which was fine - I didn't have a problem with that. That was April 24,2007. Now I am just to the point that I want my proofs back - I would like to get some of the money back if she cannot print up my pictures - but mostly just my proofs because it is all I have. I have emailed and called and I cannont seem to get any type of response from her. Is there a way for me to sue just to get my proofs back that have already been paid for - or has it been too long - please help. Not sure what to do in this situation.
Thanks for the input!
Lisa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">