• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting on a money judgement against a corporation in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiamat

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi all,

I was wandering if any of you (in NJ) have gone suing corporations that didn't pay for the jobs they ordered.

I have several bad clients that are to be brought to court. We won the the first case, got a money judgement but it turns out that collecting is harder.

Has anybody done this and can give some insight (I'm talking about getting $$ back from a corporation, not an individual)?

I appreciate all the input.

dcatz

Hi to you too,

As a commercial litigator and creditors’ rights practitioner, I can tell you that I’ve done it for years, but if it has to have been done in NJ, I can’t help you. Any other states count?

I can also tell you that aside from proposing the mundane – hit their bank account – you’ve provided no information that would allow anyone else to help you.

Suggest that you try more input:
What kind of businesses? Some details. Wholesale or retail? Provide goods or services? What are they? Sell on terms or COD/FOB.
Factor receivables?
Banking relationship(s) known?
Customers/clients known?
Size (amount) of obligations to determine cost-effectiveness of options.
What have you done, if anything?
What has worked and not worked and why?
Etc. etc. – the little stuff.

Then, again, if it has to be from NJ, it may not be worth the time. Probably a small gene pool in any forum. If a NJ creditor’ rights practitioner doesn’t chime in, you could try a commercial collection agency, creditors’ rights attorney in NJ or selling the debt(s).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">