• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do about this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aguadilla

What is the name of your state? Florida

None of these people are related to the company. They were from different companies. The point of the event was to meet new people and do some networking.

While I was at the event I was talking to one co-worker and a person I didn't know. My girl friend was next to me and was also talking to one of my co-workers. Suddenly this guy approaches the co-worker that was talking to my girl and starts a conversation. Then, he starts to look at my girl friend's hand to see if she had a ring. Then he asks my co-worker if she is married. My co-worker introduces our selves as husband and wife. Then the guy saids, You are lucky, she is hot. Just take her later tonight and enjoy it. then he said excuse me I've been drinking and continues talking to my co-worker. I couldn't hear exactly what he said because of the noise but my girl friend a 2 more people were able to hear what he said. Nothing else happened after that.

What should I do in a situation like this?

aguadilla

Should the person of my company that was running the event, should contact the boss of the guy and report the guy's behavior at the event ??

seniorjudge

Then the guy saids, You are lucky, she is hot. Just take her later tonight and enjoy it. then he said excuse me I've been drinking and continues talking to my co-worker.

This, according to you, is what happened.

I don't see a problem here.

aguadilla

Just take her later tonight and enjoy it

Was this disrespectful ?

Something I forgot to mention is that there were other people that complaint about this guy.

aguadilla

I don't know if you have a girlfriend or a wife. But your saying that you wouldn't do nothing about it. Just let this guy go to other events he gets invited and start throwing comments at people?

seniorjudge

I don't know if you have a girlfriend or a wife. But your saying that you wouldn't do nothing about it. Just let this guy go to other events he gets invited and start throwing comments at people?
Such is life.

If you want to complain to someone, go ahead.

Fireclown

What should I do about this?

Let it go.

Personally I would follow his advice; log off the computer and go find that hot wife of yours :D

VeronicaLodge

you might not like it but its not illegal. do you think what he did was illegal?

SelmaLaura

personally speaking there are other people out there who have bigger problems than trying to cope with a drunken guys coment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">