• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CDs in Bank.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmmahr

What is the name of your state? MASSACHUSETTS

My mother has 2 CDs in a bank in Boston.
One is in her name and my sisters and the other is in her name and mine.
On the statements just the names are listed we do not seee any additional verbage such as Joint tentants etc......

When she passes do the funds go directly to us ===> no probate, or are they included and lumped into her estate on which there will be taxes due ?

THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE.
We are unsure how it all works.

JETX

My mother has 2 CDs in a bank in Boston.
One is in her name and my sisters and the other is in her name and mine.
On the statements just the names are listed we do not seee any additional verbage such as Joint tentants etc......

When she passes do the funds go directly to us ===> no probate, or are they included and lumped into her estate on which there will be taxes due ?

We are unsure how it all works.
We are too... until you tell us EXACTLY how the CD's are listed.

jmmahr

Cds in Bank

The statement on the CD simply lists:

My mothers name
My name
account number
term of CD

Is there someother information we are missing ?
THANK YOU

curb1

Call the bank and ask them your specific questions. A two minute phone call will let you know exactly where you stand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">