• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unruly child charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrskennedy

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My step-nephew is 12. His mom is being pushed by the school to file unruly child charges against her son, if not they will? He has been acting up at school, not paying attention in class, not doing his homework, and just all around not doing what everyone knows he is capable of.

My sister in law has said that this week he has been doing a big time 180 in grades & attitude (both at school & home) has extremely improved, and he actually got an A & B on 2 tests this week. If the school can still warrant th charges being pushed considering he is going down the appropriate path now.

If the school does file charges will it go on his record & basically haunt him for years to come?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The school can try to force the prosecutor to charge him as unruly. If he is convicted it will be on his juvenile record which he can have sealed provided he meets all the requirements.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
The way the last sentence in your second paragraph is written I'm not sure if there's a question there or not, but it looks like you might be asking if the school can, in fact, ask that he be adjudicated an unruly child. Yes, they can. I suppose if he sticks with his new-found attitude they may give him a chance to continue his good conduct before they proceed any further, but they may already have--and will have to have--enough to request intervention.

I don't know how it will affect his future. Ohiogal may respond to your post, she's the one you'll want to listen to.

ETA: See? Sigh. I take way too long to edit and spell check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">