• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor manhandled by manager @store in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

T.R.COOK

16 year old son was video taping his friends acting goofy at a well known grocery store,,the manager told him to cut it off and as he started to,the manager shoved him back.When this happened,my son ran cause he thought the guy was going to hurt him.Anyone they caught him,held him in a choke hold and rough housed him.They held him down until an off duty security officer handcuffed him until the police arrived.Ca n an adult put their hand on a minor and what can we do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

This store manager had no right to commit such an assault and battery on your son. Store managers have a right to use reasonable force to detain people based on reasonable suspicion of illegal activity.

This was no where near their legal rights. You need to hire an attorney to file a claim of false imprisonment, assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

try http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">