• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TV Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khano1

What is the name of your state? California

Good day everyone.

I need to know something. Can someone terminate his/her contract?

Here is the story...
There is this guy who signs a contract for a TV show. It was clearly mentioned in the Contract that producer can do whatever they want...

The exact words were "In the event I perform any original music on the Program written or controlled by me, I hereby grant to Producer, without
charge, the rights necessary to perform such music on the Program and the rights required to exploit the Program and theancillary rights therein, inclusive of the music, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, or for any other purpose,throughout the universe in perpetuity."

His performance was a mockery and embarassing and have been and are being broadcasted every season of this show. He has been very depressed after the video has been broadcast in every country where this TV show has a show. He is so depressed he has become almost a total recluse.

How can he get out of this contract? Can anyone help me out. It is interesting that contract makes it say like its a life time contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? California

Good day everyone.

I need to know something. Can someone terminate his/her contract?

Here is the story...
There is this guy who signs a contract for a TV show. It was clearly mentioned in the Contract that producer can do whatever they want...

The exact words were "In the event I perform any original music on the Program written or controlled by me, I hereby grant to Producer, without
charge, the rights necessary to perform such music on the Program and the rights required to exploit the Program and theancillary rights therein, inclusive of the music, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, or for any other purpose,throughout the universe in perpetuity."

His performance was a mockery and embarassing and have been and are being broadcasted every season of this show. He has been very depressed after the video has been broadcast in every country where this TV show has a show. He is so depressed he has become almost a total recluse.

How can he get out of this contract? Can anyone help me out. It is interesting that contract makes it say like its a life time contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What class is this for?

khano1

yup you got that right. Its for American idol. This is for Bussiness Law Class : Contracts.
Does a valid contract have to have a time frame?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
yup you got that right. Its for American idol. This is for Bussiness Law Class : Contracts.
The members of this board ABHOR homework...ESPECIALLY doing it for someone else!

khano1

all I would like to know is yes/no for...
Does a valid contract have to have a time frame? This is just a general question. Would it be really difficult to answer this question?
Would appreciate it a lot and thanks in advance.

seniorjudge

all I would like to know is yes/no for...
Does a valid contract have to have a time frame? This is just a general question. Would it be really difficult to answer this question?
Would appreciate it a lot and thanks in advance.
In the sentence below, tell me which word or words you do not understand:

We do not do homework.

tranquility

Generally an offer, to be an offer, needs to have definite and certain terms. In *my* contracts class I used the rule of thumb of QTIPS. (Quantity, time of performance, identity of parties, price and subject matter.) What does your class use? What does your class require for a "valid" contract?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Generally an offer, to be an offer, needs to have definite and certain terms. In *my* contracts class I used the rule of thumb of QTIPS. (Quantity, time of performance, identity of parties, price and subject matter.) What does your class use? What does your class require for a "valid" contract?
Tranq -

This student is paying good money to learn these things from the professor - why would you want to help him cheat?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">