• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LA Weight Loss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerryn3

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I recently dropped out of the LA Weight Loss Center in Gardendale, AL because after 6 weeks of following their program, I had not lost any weight and want to move on to another program. I asked for my money back for products I did not receive.

I should have known better when I signed up because they pressure you into buying their products. She said this was a one time opportunity when you sign up that you need to buy “LA Lite bars” now and get them at cost. So I purchased $913.77 worth. So with my membership I spent $1114.14.

The manager, Susan, told me she couldn’t refund my money because she didn’t have that much to give me. I told her to credit my credit card that I used to purchase everything and she said she would have to contact corporate and send me a check.

Now when I call to speak to her she has someone else answer the phone and I have to leave a message. She doesn't return my calls. Is there anything I can do?

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I recently dropped out of the LA Weight Loss Center in Gardendale, AL because after 6 weeks of following their program, I had not lost any weight and want to move on to another program. I asked for my money back for products I did not receive.

I should have known better when I signed up because they pressure you into buying their products. She said this was a one time opportunity when you sign up that you need to buy “LA Lite bars” now and get them at cost. So I purchased $913.77 worth. So with my membership I spent $1114.14.

The manager, Susan, told me she couldn’t refund my money because she didn’t have that much to give me. I told her to credit my credit card that I used to purchase everything and she said she would have to contact corporate and send me a check.

Now when I call to speak to her she has someone else answer the phone and I have to leave a message. She doesn't return my calls. Is there anything I can do?
the problem here are the words "signed up" We can't see the contract from here.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">