• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposit on used car in Kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjohhny

In the state of Kansas, is a used car dealer required to return a deposit if you don't buy the vehicle? I gave the guy a deposit to hold the car while we had it checked out. After careful consideration I decided his price was too high for the vehicle in the condition it was in and told him so. He did drop his price, but not enough to make me think it was a good enough value. I told him no thanks and requested my deposit back to which he told me 'No way..... You won't see a dime of that'. Even though he wrote me a receipt for my deposit he said 'everybody knows those aren't refundable'. Which he never said up front when I gave him the deposit.
Anybody know if I have any legal recourse to make it worth while consulting with an attorny?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">