• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racist Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BAJAN

What is the name of your state? GA

I did some web design work for someone on the web, he's in CA and now he doesn't want to pay me after he was satisfied with the work. The job was for $1000 but when its time for him to pay he started making excuses, when I demanded my payment he sent racist email. I have all chat logs and emails save, its been 1 year so far.

I want to file a lawsuit for the payment and for his racist name calling, can I?
How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
What is the legal term for the racist comments when I'm filing? Thanks!

seniorjudge

Q: I want to file a lawsuit for the payment and for his racist name calling, can I?

A: Yes. You would file it in California.

Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit?

A: A couple of years; you need to go to California and file it now.

Q: What is the legal term for the racist comments when I'm filing?

A: The legal term for racist comments is "racist comments".

By the way, I have never heard of anyone winning a lawsuit when one person privately says to another person something nasty and there wasn't anyone else around to hear (or read) it.

Of course, that's just in the last thousand years of common law. Maybe before that somebody won. Could be. I just don't know.

BAJAN

Q: I want to file a lawsuit for the payment and for his racist name calling, can I?

A: Yes. You would file it in California.

Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit?

A: A couple of years; you need to go to California and file it now.

Q: What is the legal term for the racist comments when I'm filing?

A: The legal term for racist comments is "racist comments".

By the way, I have never heard of anyone winning a lawsuit when one person privately says to another person something nasty and there wasn't anyone else around to hear (or read) it.

Of course, that's just in the last thousand years of common law. Maybe before that somebody won. Could be. I just don't know.
I have it in an email, I have all most of the conversations in msn chat logs which I can print and the racist comments are in my email. Thanks!

racer72

It is not illegal to use racist names or make racist comments. There is this thing called the Constitution and there is something about free speech. If it was illegal, all members of the KKK would be in jail.

BAJAN

It is not illegal to use racist names or make racist comments. There is this thing called the Constitution and there is something about free speech. If it was illegal, all members of the KKK would be in jail.
So I should just file for the money owed and don't include any $$ for the racist comments?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">